Built: C19th by Edward Lapidge
Listed: Grade II*
Project Type: Interior Relighting Project
Project cost: circa £130,000 ex VAT & Fees
Completed: September 2016
Case Study No: 3329
St Peter’s Church is a grade II* listed building built in 1827 by Edward Lapidge. It has a classical pedimented portico with large Ionic columns and a pilastered octagonal tower with cupola and clock. The Interior has a large gallery on three sides supported by Doric columns. Much of the interior is Neo-Romanesque from the mid C19th.
It sits alongside the busy A4, a mile to the west of the Hammersmith Flyover. The church has been undergoing a steady transformation over recent years including re-landscaping of the exterior, internal repairs to a collapsing ceiling, internal redecoration and a new lighting scheme.
The new lighting scheme has been highly commended for the way in which it complements the classical interior of the church. Light perceptions designed a set of new Flemish pendants that light the nave, aisles and grand entrance of the church.
Additional spotlighting highlights the large mural above the East end of the church as well as providing emphasis for a wide variety of services, concerts and recitals that full the busy calendar of this thriving west London church.
Posted On: August 8, 2017